Can I remove the park strip tree in front of my home?

The City’s Urban Forester is responsible for assessing and approving all removal of City Trees. In most cases, if the tree is in poor condition or dead, a City crew will be responsible for the removal. In some cases however a permit for removal may be issued to a resident, but in all cases, the Urban Forester must first assess the tree to determine the best course of action. To schedule a visit with the Urban Forester, please call Parks at 801-629-8284. Find more information by viewing the

Ogden City Code.

Show All Answers

1. Can I remove the park strip tree in front of my home?
2. Do I need permission to trim my tree?
3. The tree in front of my home is getting too tall. Can I “top” this tree?
4. How do I know if the tree is mine or if it is a city tree?
5. Do I have to have a tree in my parking strip?
6. What type of tree will live without water?
7. What can I plant in my parking strip?
8. My tree is looking unhealthy. What can I do?
9. Can I still plant a tree under overhead utility lines?
10. Will the City provide a tree for my parking strip?
11. Why do I need a permit to plant a tree in my park strip?