The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is rehabilitating the 24th Street Viaduct from A Ave to Lincoln Ave in Ogden. This project will extend the life of the viaduct for an additional 20 years, improve drainage and enhance pedestrian access by converting stairs to an ADA-compliant ramp.
Work on the viaduct will begin tomorrow, April 16, 2021, and continues until fall, 2021. Eastbound traffic will remain open throughout the project. Pedestrians will be able to access the viaduct until Sunday night, after which access will be closed throughout the duration of the project.
What to expect
- Eastbound traffic reduced to single one-way lane restrictions
- Westbound traffic will use 31st Street as a detour
- Pedestrian and bicycle access closed throughout the project
- Dust, noise, lights and night work
- Seven overnight full closures of the viaduct - dates to be determined
- One weekend full closure of the viaduct - date to be determined
Project information:Website: udot.utah.gov/go/24thstreetviaduct