Ogden City is committed to responding to coronavirus (COVID-19) and its related economic impacts. We have published an overview of business resources related to COVID-19, and will be updating it regularly. Check back frequently for updates.
Several key resources are highlighted below:
For more information, please view our summary of loan programs for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Loans are available from the Small Business Administration (SBA), Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED), and Ogden City.
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Paycheck Protection Program: Federally guaranteed loans made by approved financial institutions for 2.5 times the business’ average monthly payroll costs, up to $10 million, with partial forgiveness.
- Businesses are encouraged to contact their bank or lender about program and application requirements. Lenders are expected to begin processing applications by April 3, 2020.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans: Low-interest loans made directly by the SBA for up to $2 million.
- Online applications are currently being accepted. Businesses can also request an emergency advance of $10,000, which should fund within 3 days and will not need to be repaid.
- Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED): GOED’s Small Business Bridge Loan Program is available to help Utah-based small businesses (50 or fewer employees) impacted by COVID-19. Loans of $5,000 to $20,000 with 0% interest are available for up to three months of operating expenses. Businesses are encouraged to apply for the first round of funding by 12 pm on April 3, 2020. After the first round of funding, applications will be accepted on a weekly basis.
- Ogden City: Ogden City’s Emergency Loan Fund is available to help Ogden-based businesses immediately impacted by COVID-19. Loans up to $10,000 with 0% interest are available for working capital. At present, there is limited funding available, and businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Ogden City is pursuing additional funding to support and expand this loan program. For more information on the program and how to apply, please visit Ogden City’s Business Information Center (BIC) page. For more information or questions, please contact the BIC at 801-629-8613 or e-mail.
CARES Act & Federal Resources
The Utah Economic Response Task Force has prepared summaries of the CARES Act and other federal resources available to businesses impacted by COVID-19:
Business Impact Survey
How is COVID-19 impacting your business? Take the business impact survey to help Ogden City understand and respond to the impact of COVID-19 on our business community. Thanks to our friends at Salt Lake City for sharing the survey with us!
- Utah Coronavirus Task Force
- Ogden City COVID-19 resource page
- This page includes resources for impacted workers and other community-wide updates
As a precautionary measure, and to do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Ogden City Business Development team is currently teleworking. Should you need assistance, please call us at (801) 629-8910 or e-mail. For loan-related questions, please contact our Business Information Center at (801) 629-8613 or e-mail.
Our team is committed to continuing to serve Ogden’s business community, especially during this challenging time.