Weber State University’s sustainability team, in partnership with others, is offering new, energy-efficient LED light bulbs in exchange for old incandescent and CFL bulbs. Households can exchange up to 15 bulbs for FREE through the Empower Northern Utah Light Bulb Exchange program, which runs September 7 through November 16. In order to participate:
- Unscrew inefficient incandescent or CFL bulbs at home.
- Place them in a bag and bring them to an exchange location of choice.
- Trade old bulbs for new LED bulbs at no cost.
- Install the new bulbs, and start saving money.
Each LED bulb can save residents up to $12 a year. Exchanging 15 bulbs could cut annual utility cost by more than $100. LED bulbs use far less energy than traditional bulbs. Unlike CFL bulbs, LED bulbs contain no mercury. Bring old bulbs to exchange at:
- WSU Community Education Center
2605 Monroe Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
Wednesdays, Sept. 11 thru Nov. 13, 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Weber County Library – Main Campus
2464 Jefferson Ave. Ogden, Utah 84401
Saturdays Sept. 14 thru Nov. 16, 11am-1pm
LED bulb supplies are limited; the exchanges will take place while supplies last. More exchange dates and information can be found online.