Christmas Village will light up the downtown Ogden Municipal Gardens (353 E 25th Street) beginning November 24, 2018, after the Holiday Electric Light Parade. This annual holiday display in Ogden will feature activities and entertainment through December 22, 2018, and the cottage lights will be available to view until January 1, 2018.
The Village: Sixty-seven cottages sponsored and created by the community, will turn historic downtown into a nightly vision of Santa’s village at the North Pole, from 5:00 p.m. until midnight. The theme for the Christmas Village festivities this year is “All Aboard” in honor of Ogden’s railroad history and the 2019 sesquicentennial celebration of the driving of the Golden Spike. A small train is hidden in each of the cottages as a scavenger hunt for visitors to find as they explore the displays. Visitors to the village can also vote for their favorite cottage online.
The Santa Run, Holiday Electric Light Parade and Christmas Village Opening Gala: The festivities for Christmas Village will begin November 24 with the Santa Run, Holiday Electric Light Parade and end with a fireworks show in the Ogden Amphitheater. The Santa Run, a 5k run preceding the parade where all participants dress as Santa Clause, will begin at 4:30 p.m. beginning near 22nd and Washington Blvd. The Santa Runners will travel the opposite side of traffic and run south to 28th Street and then come back to 22nd. The parade will follow after, starting at 5:30 p.m. on 22nd Street and head south along Washington Boulevard to 27th Street. The Christmas Village opening ceremony begins when the parade reaches the Municipal Gardens and gathers in the amphitheater at approximately 6:30 p.m. The Mayors of Christmas Village, the family of Perry and Sarah Huffaker, will be recognized and parade awards will be given. Santa Clause will make an appearance, accompanied by the Grand Marshal of the Parade thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. After they both turn on the lights that will illuminate another holiday season downtown, entertainment will follow and a fireworks show will conclude the gala.
Entertainment and Activities: Live entertainment and activities will be featured for visitors at Christmas Village until December 22, 2018 including:
- Santa will be greeting children in his castle Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., November 24 until December 22.
- A Breakfast with Santa event will be hosted at the Ogden Union Station on December 1, 2018, at 9 a.m. Reservations are required to attend the event and can be made at christmasvillage.ogdencity.com.
- Reservations can be made for pre-school groups to tour Christmas Village with Mrs. Santa during daytime hours by calling 801-629-8720.
- Santa’s Reindeer will also make an appearance at the village on December 14 & 15 from 6 – 9 p.m.
- The Mini Polar Express Train runs Monday through Friday, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The Jupiter Train rides through the heart of Ogden and boards at 353 25th Street, Fridays, and Mondays from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
There will also be live, evening entertainment at the amphitheater, Monday through Saturday, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Performers can visit the Christmas Village page on the City website for more information about being included in the line-up. Concessions are available from the Hot Chocolate Booth and the new The Corner, open Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Support Christmas Village: “Santa’s Store” is located at the north entrance to Christmas Village and features gifts and souvenirs to help commemorate and share the Christmas Village spirit. Proceeds from the sale of Christmas Village toys, stuffed animals, sweatshirts, posters and Christmas cards will help fund new lights and displays for years to come. Official 2018 Christmas Village Sweatshirts are available for purchase, costing $18 for Youth sizes, $20 for adults and $25 for adult XXL and up.
Pictures posted on social media are encourage to be tagged as:
#OgdensChristmasVillage,#TheOgdenLights,#25StreetTidings,#FeelElectric, #OtownTradition, #AllAboardOgden
More information about Christmas Village events and activities can be found at the website or by following Ogden’s Christmas Village on Facebook. Information on the Holiday Electric Light Parade can be found by emailing: email@example.com