- City Recorder
- Election Information
Filing for Municipal Office
FILING PERIOD 2023*
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday June 1st through June 7th
(June 1, 2 and 5, 6, 7)
Primary Election: August 15, 2023*
General Election: November 7, 2023*
Qualifications for Candidates
Anyone wishing to file for candidacy must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a registered voter of Ogden City.
- Be a resident of Ogden City for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of election.
- If running as a candidate to be elected from a specific Municipal District, the candidate must be an actual bona fide resident of the Municipal District.
- Be mentally competent, have not been convicted of a felony, and have not been convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise, unless right to hold office has been restored pursuant to Utah Code Annotated § 20A-2-101, as amended.
Individuals filing as candidates for the city council or for mayor must pay a $25 filing fee at the time of filing their Declaration of Candidacy with the City Recorder. This fee shall only be refundable if it is determined that the person filing does not meet the qualifications for candidacy, or is found to have improperly filed.
View the 2021 Candidate Guide* which contains more detailed information about the election process for those who wish to run for office.
Specific offices available will be posted in May 2023
- Mayor - 4 years
- Council members - 4 years
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets the 1st, 3rd, and 4th Tuesdays of each month. Work Sessions begin at 4 p.m. and Regular Meetings start at 6 p.m.
The City Council also acts as the Redevelopment Agency Board (RDA) and Municipal Building Authority Board (MBA). The RDA meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the same times. The MBA meets as needed.
*All dates subject to changes by the 2023 Legislative Session