Research at the Museums at Union Station Archive
Hours and Admission
The Museums at Union Station Research Center Archive & Library is located at 2501 Wall Ave and it open to visitors by appointment only. Please contact the Museum Research Team to request an appointment. When submitting your reference query please include your name and contact information, the nature of and details concerning your research interest or project. Be sure to leave your email address so we can confirm receipt of your inquiry and schedule your appointment.
Museums at Union Station Research Center
2501 Wall Ave
Ogden, Utah 84401
Open Wednesdays - Fridays, 12pm - 4pm
- On-site research must be arranged by appointment. In advance of your visit, our staff will pull the materials relevant to your query to expedite and facilitate your research experience. Additional requests for materials during your research appointment may require another appointment.
- All appointments must be scheduled at least two weeks prior to the date of the visit, and confirmed at least 48 hours in advance.
- Appointments are available during regular reading room hours in two hour time slots.
- Certain collections, or portions thereof, may contain restricted materials which will require you to submit a Freedom of Information (FOIL) request to the Ogden City before making an appointment at the Archives. In these instances, your visit will be granted only upon receipt of written approval of your FOIL
Reading Room Rules and Regulations
- All research will be conducted in the Reading Room; visitors are not granted access to the archive's stacks
- Materials for note taking are premitted to stay with you, all other personal items should be stored in a locker
- Please bring a pencil and pad, or laptop, tablet or other device to keep notes; no pens are allowed on site.
- Be aware that access to a Wi-Fi network i
- All visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult (with government-issued photo ID)
- Food, drinks, and chewing gum are not permitted
- Hand-held, still photography may be used for reference purposes only, and in compliance with the Archive's policy. Flash photography may not be sued at any time. Personal scanners are not permitted.
- Any and all image reproductions desired at the time of your visit must be requested in writing in a Reproduction and License Request Form. Images from the Museums at Union Station Archives collections may be reproduced, published, or exhibited exclusively at the curator's discretion. To access a Request Form or to consult our fees, and policies, learn more here.