- Road Construction
23rd StreetRoad reconstruction
Washington BlvdRoad reconstruction & pedestrian crossings
25th StreetRoad reconstruction
Harrison BlvdNew widened roads, pedestrian crossings
& adding turn lanes on 32nd & 36th Streets
WSU CampusNew shared use path with road reconstruction
pedestrian crossings and bike lanes
4400 SouthRoad reconstruction
Utah Transit Authority, Jacobs Engineering, AECOM, WCEC, and Stacy and Witbeck have partnered to design and construct the Ogden Express (OGX) line over the next three years. Project segments will be constructed simultaneously in multiple locations to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
Updates this week:
- OGX station canopies on Washington Blvd. have been installed between 24th and 25th streets.
- Sewer line installation continues between Lincoln and Grant avenues.
- 23rd Street is closed to all traffic and on-street parking between Wall Ave. and Grant Ave. for reconstruction through fall 2022. North/south thru-traffic remains open on Grant Ave. Existing sidewalk remains open during construction.
- North/south traffic on Lincoln Ave. is currently closed.
- Paving for 23rd Street between Wall St and Lincoln Ave will occur Tuesday, October 11th o Station platform work has begun at the Ogden Intermodal Center.
- On 25th Street between Jackson Ave. and Harrison Blvd. crews are scheduled to mill the roadway on Saturday October 8th and return to the area to pave on Friday, October 14th. It will be closed to thru traffic and no on-street parking will be permitted. Vehicles parked along 25th Street may be towed.
- OGX station platform, utility and roadwork continue near the Jefferson Ave., Monroe Blvd. and Harrison Blvd. intersections.
- Not related to the OGX project, Ogden City is completing roadway improvements on Ogden Ave. More information is available by calling the City's project hotline: (800) 292-3557 or emailing email@example.com.
- At 32nd Street, crews are scheduled to mill the roadway on Thursday, September 29th and return to pave the area Friday, October 14th. It will be closed to thru traffic with no on-street parking.
- Between 33rd and 36th streets on the eastside of Harrison, crews have started driveway demolition and replacement for businesses on. Paving is anticipated to be completed by October 20th o Utility relocations continue on northbound Harrison Blvd. near 36th Street. Sidewalk is closed on the east side of Harrison between 35th and 36th streets and detoured to the west side.
- OGX station platform and utility work continue at the 28th Street intersection (Ogden High School). Watch for lane shifts and possible east side closures of the 28th Street intersection.
- Road widening is underway between 31st and 37th streets to facilitate the addition of dedicated bus lanes in the center and new OGX stations at 32nd and 36th streets. Two lanes are maintained in each direction during daytime hours. Drivers are advised to reduce speeds and watch for lane shifts. Left-turns are restricted in the work zone.
- Roadway and sidewalk excavation between 34th and 36th streets is scheduled to occur next week.
- At Harrison Blvd. and 25th Street, crews will continue work to install traffic signal pole foundations and conduit.
Weber State University
- WSU Wildcat Shuttle service is now open. Clean air electric buses are servicing three stations on campus every 5-10 minutes on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. along the new dedicated alignment between Central Campus, Wildcat Village student housing and the Dee Events Center. Fare is free and free parking is available at the Dee Events Center parking lot. Please note that the new busway is for buses only and is not open for public access.
- Earthwork and utility work for the new OGX alignment between Harrison Blvd. and Lindquist Plaza will continue next week.
- OGX station construction is underway near the hospital's main entrance and will continue through fall 2022, with pedestrian access maintained.
- On Tuesday October 11th and Thursday, October 13th, crews are scheduled to preform milling and paving operations at McKay Dee Hospital. While milling and paving operations are underway, areas along the hospital drop-off, parking lot and 4400 South eastbound exit will be closed or diverted to accommodate work. Pedestrian walkways and ADA access will remain in place.
Have any questions or concerns?
- Hotline: 385-287-6647
- Construction Updates:http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT