Rental Licenses

Any person, firm, partnership, or corporation operating, maintaining, or offering rental property in Ogden needs to apply for a rental license. A license is required for all rental residential properties. It is unlawful for a person to occupy a residential rental property that is not licensed.

The following are the steps to complete before submitting a rental license application.

Planning / Zoning

Contact your local zoning office to ensure that your business location is properly zoned that will allow your business be there. The office is located at:

Zoning Office
2549 Washington Boulevard, Ste 240
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone:801-629-8922 or 801-629-8930

Registration of a Business Name

All entities doing business in Utah under an assumed business name must register with the State of Utah, Department of Commerce. If you are using your own name as your business name it will not need to be registered. A filing fee is charged based upon the type of organization. The Department of Commerce is located at:

State of Utah Department of Commerce
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, 84111
Phone: 801-530-4849 Toll free (in state only): 800-721-7233