The Ogden City Mayor’s Awards in the Arts program was created to provide an opportunity to shine the light of recognition on individual artists and arts organizations that are making a difference in our community through the arts.
Nominations Open for Mayor's Awards in the Arts
Ogden City is now accepting nominations for the annual Mayor’s Awards in the Arts. Awards may be presented in the following categories, though not all categories are awarded each year. The number of awards is dependent in large part upon the nominations received. Categories are:
Arts in Education: an individual or organization that has made an outstanding contribution in integrating the arts into the educational curriculum or helped to provide access to the arts for students K-12.
Young Artist: a student who has made an outstanding contribution in visual, art, theatre, dance, music or the literary arts.
- Dance: physical expression and the art of movement
- Theatre: Live production – drama, musical,comedy, or puppetry
- Music: vocal and instrumental
- painting, sculpture, mixed media, photography, textiles, ceramics, floral
- architecture, interior, landscape, environmental, graphic
- Craftsmen (Folk): a performance or the creation of traditional arts and /or folkways that has contributed to the continuation of these traditions
Media Arts: visual and oral communication to include documentary, radio, television, advertising or cinema
Literary: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, screenwriting and public media include documentary, radio, advertising and television
Lifetime Contribution: the artist or group whose contributions to the arts over a lifetime has fostered significant recognition, or an art patron whose lifetime of dedication to the development and support of the arts will sustain the art into the future
Arts Advocacy: recognizes individuals or organizations who champion the arts with advocacy that supports the development of arts programming
Nominees for all awards must live or have their primary workplace in Ogden City.
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- The significance of the contributions and achievements of the nominee, as related to the arts
- The range of individuals and groups served by the nominees contributions
- All nominations must be submitted using the official nomination form. All nomination forms must include a brief narrative describing the specific reasons for this nomination. Please limit narrative to no more than 2 pages (8 ½ x 11) and supporting materials. Materials will not be returned.
- Suggested support materials may include: resume,biography, letters of support, description of artist’s successful programming, description of outreach methods, event marketing, news clippings, press releases etc., and photographs of art work. All supplemental materials must be submitted online (pdf, or Word document file) OR 8 1/2” x 11” paper if submitted by mail.
- Self-nomination will not be considered.
Nomination forms are available at www.ogdencityarts.org. The deadline for nominations is August 25, 2016. For more information call the Ogden City Arts office at 801-629-8719 or 801-629-8718.