The Office of Ogden City Arts is leading the development of an Arts Master Plan for Ogden, a ten-year master plan to strengthen arts and culture for all of Ogden’s communities and people. The ideas, experiences and visions of Ogden citizens across all geographic and demographic sectors are essential to the development of the plan. The plan will reflect a shared vision for the cultural future of Ogden.
Watch for a series of community engagement events throughout the summer in Ogden, which will enable citizens to voice their opinions on the future of the arts in Ogden. Begin by taking the online survey to share your thoughts.
Goals for the Arts Master Plan include:
- Developing the vision for arts in Ogden
- Nurturing creativity and opportunities to live creatively throughout the city
- Growing participation in the arts and arts education
- Encouraging and supporting artists and arts organizations
- Increasing the economic impact of the arts
- Amplifying public and private investment in the arts
The Ogden City Arts Master Plan team is comprised of city staff, members of the Ogden City Arts Advisory Committee, community members and representatives from arts organizations, education and Weber State University. The general public is welcome and encouraged to participate.
The Office of Ogden City Arts supports and promotes the arts in Ogden by administering the programs of the City of Ogden including Arts grants, the Percent for Art program, the Mayor’s Awards in the Arts, the First Friday Art Stroll and other projects and programs as they develop.