The WEBER BASIN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT, at the request of OGDEN CITY to collect payments for its water purchase contracts, is proposing to increase its property tax revenue.
- The WEBER BASIN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT tax on a $196,000 residence would increase from $24.58 to $29.75, which is $5.17 per year.
- The WEBER BASIN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT tax on a $196,000 business would increase from $44.69 to $54.10, which is $9.41 per year.
- If the proposed tax rate is approved, WEBER BASIN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT would increase its property tax revenue (for collection of payments for Ogden City's water purchase contracts) by 21% above last year's property tax revenue collected for the same purposes, excluding new growth.
All concerned citizens are invited to a public hearing on the tax increase to be held at 6:00 pm on August 9, 2018.
Location: Weber County Library Activity Center (2464 Jefferson Avenue
To obtain more information regarding the tax increase, citizens may contact WEBER BASIN WATER
CONSERVANCY DISTRICT at 801-771-1677.
Tax Rate Increase Advertisement Requirements
Instructions for newspaper publication:
- The advertisement shall be no less than 1/4 page in size
- The type used shall be no less than 18 point
- A 1/4 inch border shall surround the advertisement
- The advertisement may not be placed in that portion of the newspaper where legal notices and classified advertisements appear
Instructions for the taxing entity:
- The advertisement shall be published in:
1) a newspaper or combination of newspapers of general circulation in the taxing entity
2) Electronically in accordance with Section 41-1-101: on a website established by the
collective efforts of Utah newspapers www.utahlegals.com
3) On the Utah Public Notice Website created in Section 63F-1-701
- It is the legislative intent that whenever possible the advertisement should appear in a newspaper that is published at least one day per week
- The newspaper or combination of newspapers selected shall be of general interest and readership in the taxing entity and not of limited subject matter
- The advertisement shall run once each week for two weeks preceding the hearing.
- If the taxing entity is in a county that is required to publish a list (59-20919.2), the taxing entity is only required to published one advertisement, one week before the public hearing
- The advertisement shall state that the taxing entity will meet on a certain day, time, and place fixed in the advertisement. The exact wording for the advertisement can be found in 59-2-919
- The scheduled hearing shall not be held less than ten (10) days after the mailing of the "Notice of Property Valuation and Tax Change" by the county auditor
- The scheduled meeting on the proposed tax increase may coincide with the hearing on the proposed budget
- The scheduled meeting shall begin at or after 6:00 P.M.