Ogden City is now accepting nominations for the annual Mayor’s Awards in the Arts. Awards may be presented in the following categories, though not all categories are awarded each year. The number of awards is dependent in large part upon the nominations received. Categories are:
- Arts in Education: An individual or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to integrating the arts into the educational curriculum or helped to provide access to the arts for students K-12.
- Youth Artist: A student who has made an outstanding contribution in visual, art, theatre, dance, music or the literary arts.
- Performing Arts:
Dance: Physical expression and the art of movement
Theatre: Live production – drama, musical, comedy, or puppetry
Music: Vocal and instrumental
- Visual Arts: Mediums including painting, sculpture, mixed media, photography, textiles, ceramics, floral architecture, interior, landscape, environmental, and graphics.
Craftsmen (Folk): A performance or the creation of traditional arts and /or folkways that have contributed to the continuation of these traditions.
- Media/Design Arts: Visual and oral communication to include documentary, radio, television, advertising, graphic art, or cinema.
- Literary: Written works of art including fiction, nonfiction, poetry, screenwriting and public media include documentary, radio, advertising and television.
- Lifetime Contribution: The artist or group whose contributions to the arts over a lifetime has fostered significant recognition or an art patron whose lifetime of dedication to the development and support of the arts will sustain the art into the future
- Arts Advocacy: Recognized individuals or organizations who champion the arts with advocacy that supports the development of arts programming
Nominees for all awards must live or have their primary workplace in Ogden City.
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- The significance of the contributions and achievements of the nominee, as related to the arts
- The range of individuals and groups served by the nominee's contributions
All nominations must be submitted using the official nomination form. All nomination forms must include a brief narrative describing the specific reasons for this nomination. Suggested support materials may include: resume, biography, letters of support, description of artist’s successful programming, description of outreach methods, event marketing, news clippings, press releases etc., and photographs of artwork. All supplemental materials must be submitted via email (pdf, jpeg, or Word document file) OR 8 1/2” x 11” paper if submitted by mail. Self-nominations will not be considered.
Nomination forms are available at online. The deadline for nominations is August 24, 2018. For more information call the Ogden City Arts office at 801-629-8718.