The Human Resources Department supports the city's strategic goals by attracting and recruiting a qualified, competent and diverse workforce to deliver exceptional services to Ogden residents, visitors and businesses. The Human Resources division handles matters related to Benefits/Wellness, Payroll Administration, Risk Management and Workforce Services.
Benefits / Wellness & Payroll Administration
- Develops group benefit plans and wellness programs that support the city's goal of recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and competent workforce.
- Reviews and develops funding strategies for various benefit packages and administers retirement plans.
- Oversees payroll systems and administers leave time, payroll deductions, and employee self-service tools and HRIS.
- Ensures that City pay systems are in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and applicable state and local wage laws.
- Administers Workers' Compensation program and safety training; handles claims and lawsuits.
- Coordinates the provision of insurance coverage, regulatory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Ensures that city departments are provided appropriate access to business insurance and sets appropriate funding levels to mitigate various risks associated with providing municipal services.
- Develops and deploys resources to departments and front line employees to promote employee safety.
- Supports departments' recruitment initiatives; administers compensation and pay plan.
- Conducts job classification reviews; administers performance review system and employee training and development.
- Develops personnel policies that promote a work environment that encourages healthy, respectful and rewarding employee relations.
- Oversees citywide compliance with employment laws by providing training programs that promote employment best practices within the workforce.